Friday, July 18, 2008

The woman I'm thinking of, she loved me all up but I'm so down today

I just realized I really want a Polaroid camera, just something I can use to keep a passage of time on a photograph. Even if I'd take really ugly pictures, just the idea of doing it would feel like I was doing something important. If I could, I would buy one tonight, and have it by next week, buy film and then start photographing my friends, my family, myself, my life. I don't know if it would help me, but I would enjoy it. I have a shitty digital camera but I don't like that I can change the pictures on a computer, and that I can delete them if I don't like them, it's not fair. I wish I'd save every photo I've ever taken with that camera, just to save and to look at when I'm old and bored. But now i would like a camera that takes photographs that look old and amateur but with a weird twist. I don't know why I've been so in to photography lately, but I really liked it. I like that you can catch a moment that no one else will ever experience again, or ever. It's kind of like magic. Like songwriting, maybe that's why I do it. Write music I mean. I write music because it makes me feel important and alive, and because it's magic.
/Claire

Photos by Ryan McGinley

No comments: